U.S. Army All-American Bowl 2013 local nominees | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - Three local high school football athletes will begin next season as 2013 nominees for the prestigious U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
- Justin Davis, RB - Lincoln High School (Stk.)
- Sam Smith, DL - Cosumnes High School
- Eddie Vanderdoes, DL - Placer High School
The U.S. Army All-American Bowl features the best high school football players in the country. Nominees who get selected will have the opportunity to showcase thier talents during an nationally televised East vs. West matchup at the Alamodone in San Antonio.
A total of 400 students recieved nominations including 39 from California, 55 from Texas and 56 from Florida. Only 90 of the nominees will be selected to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
Last season, three student athletes were selected to play in the game including Grant High's Shaq Thompson, Pleasant Grove's Arik Armstead, and Buhach Colony's Aziz Shittu.
Upcoming Events near Auburn / Grass Valley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Micke Grove Zoo inviting potential volunteers to Aug 7 meeting!
- Home Depot Style Challenge / Outdoor Games Edition Reveal + An Outdoor Oasis in My Backyard
- Reader Showcase // 10 Foot Provence Beam Dining Table with Benches
- 3 dead in Stockton gunbattle after bank robbery, police chase
- John Fogerty never slept here (101 grapes & other lesser known facts about Lodi)