Update: Missing Rocklin woman found, Silver Alert cancelled | News
PLACER COUNTY, CA - A Silver Alert has been cancelled for a missing Rocklin woman with dementia after she was found by a deputy with Placer County Sheriff's Office, according to the Rocklin Police Department.
The California Highway Patrol issued a Silver Alert (similar to an Amber Alert) for 65-year-old Kathleen Pace, said police Lt. Jamie Knox.
The last sighting of Pace was when she left Auburn Faith Hospital in Auburn at about 4:10 p.m. Tuesday, Knox said.
Deputy Dustin Johnston was in Auburn attempting to serve a warrant on Garnet Way Saturday at 6 p.m. when he noticed two cars parked on the side of the road and decided to have dispatchers run the license plates to see if they were associated with the warrant, said sheriff's spokesperson Officer Dena Erwin.
One of the plates matched up to the missing woman's vehicle, a 1993, turquoise Plymouth Sundance and the deputy noticed someone sitting in the backseat, said Erwin.
Erwin said Johnston was able to confirm that the woman in the car was Kathleen Pace and he notified her daughter to let her know she was safe.
Pace was taken to the hospital and was reunited with her daughter, said Erwin.
Upcoming Events near Auburn / Grass Valley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Home Depot Style Challenge / Outdoor Games Edition Reveal + An Outdoor Oasis in My Backyard
- Reader Showcase // 10 Foot Provence Beam Dining Table with Benches
- 3 dead in Stockton gunbattle after bank robbery, police chase
- John Fogerty never slept here (101 grapes & other lesser known facts about Lodi)
- Currently Crushing on Classic Geometry + Mastering the Mix