Our network

Caregiver in Loomis mushroom deaths receives lifetime ban | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Caregiver in Loomis mushroom deaths receives lifetime ban
News

SACRAMENTO, CA - The caregiver who accidentally served poisonous mushrooms at a Loomis care home resulting in the deaths of four residents has been barred from working in a California care home for life.

Lilia Tirdea, the caregiver, has 15 days to appeal the decision issued by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS)following its investigation at Gold Age Villa where Tirdea worked.

The investigation determined Tirdea had been directed by the licensee of the residential care home on Horseshow Road to only serve food bought from a store and had been instructed in food safety practices.

Five elderly residents and Tirdea were sickened after eating the mushrooms she picked in the yard. The surviving resident has recovered. Tirdea herself remains ill.

The lifetime ban prohibits Tirdea's presence or employment in any CDSS community care licensed facility.

RECENT STORY: 4th person dies from mushroom poisoning in Loomis

News

Auburn / Grass Valley Deals

Upcoming Events near Auburn / Grass Valley