I-80 fatal hit and run car information released | Crime
AUBURN, CA - Three days into the investigation of a hit and run that left a tow truck driver dead on Interstate 80 in Auburn, California Highway Patrol investigators have more detailed information on the suspect car and driver.
David Robinson Jr., 30, of Citrus Heights was outside of his truck when he was struck on the right side of the westbound lanes of I-80 by the Ophir Road exit about 4:15 Wednesday afternoon.
Officer David Martinez said Friday the CHP is looking for a silver or light gray 1990 Honda Accord or Acura. The car has significant right front end damage, particularly to the windshield. The car did not have license plate but did have a temporary operating permit on the rear window.
Witnesses described the driver as a man, white, in his early to mid 20s. He wore a black baseball cap.
Anyone with information about the suspect car or collision was asked to contact Officer Steve Johnson at the Auburn CHP Office, (916) 663-3344.
Upcoming Events near Auburn / Grass Valley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Free DIY Furniture Plans // How to Build an Armless Chair for the Reef Outdoor Sectional Sofa
- Pear Harvesting is Almost Over...Already
- Barbecue & wine: Van Ruiten Family’s Matt Ridge tests a tried-and-true theory
- Micke Grove Zoo inviting potential volunteers to Aug 7 meeting!
- Home Depot Style Challenge / Outdoor Games Edition Reveal + An Outdoor Oasis in My Backyard